Our opinion on this device: In short: small, light, well thought out. All necessary functions are available. Despite its versatility, operation and menu navigation are extremely simple and intuitive.
A key feature is the power measurement, which is especially helpful with problems with Unicable LNB or receiver-powered multiswitches.
Another good feature is the transponder control, where 4 transponders (one transponder from each SAT level) are displayed side by side, allowing you to see at a glance whether an LNB or multiswitch level is disturbed or has failed.
Unlike many competitors, the device's F-connector has been designed as a replaceable dual F-female connector. This wear part can thus be easily replaced by the user in case of contact problems.
For a few more euros, you can get the Megasat HD 4 Combo V2, which, for SAT measurements, also includes a position sensor that greatly simplifies mirror alignment and also allows analog, DVB-C, and DVB-T/T2 measurements.
Unlike Far East products, with Megasat you can rely on good repair service and receive software updates.
- SAT measurements of DVB-S and DVB-S2 programs.
- Spectrum for error analysis.
- Automatic transponder detection.
- 2.7-inch display with a resolution of 400 x 360 pixels.
- Up to 3 hours of operation with the integrated power battery.
- Preprogrammed satellite and transponder list.
- Charging function in the car with the included car charging cable.
- Digital bar display for signal level and quality.
- Clear and self-explanatory menu.
- Screw connections for easy changing of the F-female connectors.
- Measurement of DVB-S / -S2.
- 2.7 inch (6.9 cm) LCD color display (400 x 360 pixels).
- Optical and acoustic signal level indicator.
- Mini-USB connection for power supply and firmware updates.
- Screw connection for easy replacement of the F-female connector.
- Reset button.
- Power supply: AC 100-240 V, DC 12 V, 1 A.
- Li-Ion battery (7.4 V / 1,400 mAh).
- Frequency range: 950 - 2150 MHz.
- Level range: 30-100 dBµV.
- LNB voltage: 13/18 V, max. 400 mA.
- LNB short circuit indicator and protection.
- Current measurement (measurement of receiver load or LNB power consumption).
- Displays: PWR / C/N / MER / BER / Signal strength and quality.
- DiSEqC 1.0 / 1.1 / 1.2 / USALS.
- Auto-DiSEqC function.
- Unicable I & II (EN 50494 / EN 50607).
- Spectrum analysis.
- Angle calculation of azimuth and elevation.
- 1x Mini-USB connection.
- 1x F-connection.
- 1x DC 12 V input.
Scope of delivery:
- Satellite measuring device HD 3 Compact V3 (Weight: 223 g).
- 230 Volt power supply.
- 12 Volt car charging adapter.
- Protective cover incl. carrying strap.
- F-coaxial adapter.
- Operating instructions.
- only at antennenland.net: Short guide "What do I need to measure and what do the measurements mean?"
Please note: Used batteries do not belong in household waste. You can return used batteries to us free of charge. You are legally obliged to return old batteries. Batteries containing pollutants are marked with a sign, consisting of a crossed-out garbage can and the chemical symbol (Cd, Hg, or Pb) of the heavy metal responsible for the classification as pollutant.
Cd stands for cadmium, Hg stands for mercury, Pb stands for lead.