Handy and convenient stripping tool, like the Cabelcon Pocket stripping tool, pre-set for most 6.8 mm cables - with the difference that you can still make adjustments if, for example, the braiding of the cable currently being used is damaged during stripping. It is therefore also highly recommended for professional use.
- Supported cable types: RG59, RG6
- 2 blades for simultaneous stripping of the outer conductor and the inner conductor in one operation
- Both blades can be precisely adjusted to different cable types using the wrench supplied with the tool (practical tip: adjusting the cutting depth:Only ever adjust the blades with the key by 1/4 turn and then test)
- Blade distance preset to 6.5 mm - ideal for crimp and compression connectors
Adjusting the tool:
The tool is preset for 6.8 mm cables. For thinner cables, the yellow cable guide must be pressed out using the hexagon key attached to the tool and then reinserted, rotated accordingly.
Test stripping: To do this, hold the tool in your hand with the set screws facing downwards, open the cable guide and insert the coaxial cable into the V-shaped cable guide from the left. Then rotate the tool 4-5 times around the cable. Then open the cable guide, remove the cable and remove any insulation residue. The blade for the inner conductor must not damage it, the blade for the sheath must not cut the braiding of the cable. If a blade does not cut deep enough or cuts too deep, adjust as follows using a hexagonal wrench:
- Turn clockwise: blade cuts deeper into the cable.
- Counterclockwise rotation: blade cuts less deeply .
CAUTION: If the screws are screwed in too deeply beyond the stop, the tool will be destroyed! Therefore,always only work with ¼ turn, otherwise you will quickly lose track!
If this does happen and you no longer know where you actually are, e.g. because the inner conductor has been cut or something similar, simply unscrew the blades several turns counterclockwise and slowly work your way forward again.